Intermediate Hatha Yoga: Sun Salutes, Pranayama & Meditation - 1/8,15,22,29Monday, January 29, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM (EST) More Information →
Join us, in this 4 weeks, intermediate yoga & pranayama series. We will energize our mind-body-consciousness through a dynamic asana & pranayama practice.
1. 4-7 rounds of sun salutations. In first session will start with 4 rounds of sun salutes and add one more round in each session. So in the final session we will conclude with 7 rounds of sun salutations.
2. 15 – 20 minutes of energizing Pranayama
3. 10 minutes of loving kindness meditation (Metta meditation)
Sun salutation Sanskrit name ‘Surya Namaskar’ is a dynamic group of asanas(poses) that is an effective way of loosening up, stretching, massaging and toning all the joints, muscles and internal organs of the body. Its versatility and application make it one of the most useful methods of inducing a health, vigorous and active life, while at the same time preparing for expanded awareness. The practice of sun salutations as a whole gives a great number of benefits. It strengthens the back and helps balance the metabolism. It stimulates and balances all the systems of the body, including the reproductive, circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems. Synchronizing the breath with physical movements of sun salutation ensures that the practitioner, at least for a few minutes daily, breathes as deeply and rhythmically as possible, increasing mental clarity by bringing fresh, oxygenated blood to the brain.
Pranayama (breathing exercises) is the 4th limb of yoga and is now gaining lot of attention in the clinical world due to its positive impact on our physical, emotional and mental health. As per Harvard medical school, deep breathing exercises(pranayama) are the go to technique to activate one’s relaxation response.
These practices are intended to maintain optimum health—with particular emphasis on stress reduction, detoxification of the body and calming our mind, while enhancing our ability to be more aware and conscious in our day to day life.
"Here are some of the evidence based benefits of these practices”
1. Detoxification of the body
2. Improved digestive and nervous system
3. Reduction In stress
4. Reduced inflammation
5. Greater concentration
6. Increase energy levels
7. Muscle relaxation
8. Lower/stabilized blood pressure
9. Higher emotional intelligence (ability to regulate and manage your emotions with greater awareness)
10. Healthier inter and intra personal relationships
There is no charge for the class as it is a gift of service from the Imagine community trusting you might offer an act of service and the world is change one person, family and community at a time!